Advancing sustainable schools for all
Green Schools Conference & Expo 2018
May 3-4 | Denver, Colorado
The Green Schools Conference & Expo is the only national event to bring together all of the players involved in making green schools a reality: people who lead, operate, build, and teach in U.S. schools.
Two days of programming offer inspiring keynote speakers, informative workshops and breakout sessions and the chance to network with colleagues from across the country.
Be the first to know about GSCE 2018 registration
Read more articles >
Inspiring speakers, dynamic sessions & how-to workshops
Discover strategies and solutions at GSCE that strengthen our schools and communities.
Education, environmental, and business leaders join GSCE to share current challenges, set future goals and share best practices to advance green schools for all.
GSCE offers engaging educational sessions, case studies, hands-on workshops and lectures from today's green school experts.
GSCE provides an unmatched opportunity for green school advocates nationwide to collaborate and learn from one another — all with a vested interest in making a positive difference in our children’s futures.
Past program topics
Occupant health / Energy conservation / Nature-based learning / Building coalitions / Student engagement / Food & waste management / Whole-school sustainability / Current trends
Explore the 2017 online program
Download the 2017 print program (PDF)
- Learn how to teach sustainability concepts while equipping students with 21st century skills and real-world application strategies. Get ideas on how you can use data to empower student action, and learn how to craft projects that increase sustainability literacy and encourage environmental stewardship.
- See how you can use nature in teaching science and writing. Our "Living Labs: Teaching in the Great Outdoors" session track equips you with a toolkit of new teaching habits that are designed to immerse your students in the natural world.
- Explore how to address math and literacy standards while exposing students to nutritious eating habits. Learn how you can make lessons in gardening, the environment and nutrition relevant to students of all levels. Come away equipped with a model lesson that can be calibrated to fit your students.
For school administrators
- Understand the mechanics of high-performance school environments. Learn how to leverage space as the “third teacher” to positively influence students' physical, mental and emotional health. Hear from experts about the architectural concepts that emphasize quality light, color, materials and acoustics.
- Learn what it takes to build successful school–community partnerships to lead a school toward sustainability. Learn how to develop strong guiding principles that help all stakeholders filter important information, discuss options and consider educational models to support the best interest of the community.
For facilities & building professionals
- Learn to tackle some of the greatest roadblocks to innovative school construction. They include mixing public and private funding, working within public school regulatory environments, balancing participatory design and the realities of getting a building constructed by looking at the whole campus rather than a single building as the organizing focus, and implementing “bleeding edge” construction technologies that are new even to construction partners.
- Learn how to work in tandem with school food professionals to reduce waste and associated costs. Explore examples of programs for reduction, recovery and recycling and the positive impact these programs have. Discuss how to reduce costs and the environmental impact of handling food and packaging throughout the full cycle of feeding children in school.
For students: The Student Summit
Captain Planet and Greening Forward, with the support of the Center for Green Schools at USGBC, brought together youth to learn from a dynamic line-up of change makers about how to make an impact in their schools and communities.
At the Student Summit, participants learned about available tools to help them find their voice for change — through art, media, research, politics, design, business and more.
Expo & Sponsors
As an exhibitor or sponsor, you can be a part of the expanding green schools movement by supporting GSCE.
Hundreds of educators and decision-makers gather every year at GSCE for inspiring programming, targeted networking and an energetic exhibit hall.
View our past Sponsor & Exhibitor Prospectus
At the GSCE Exhibit Hall, attendees can discover new products and services vital to their careers, while forging relationships with vendors and service providers that last well beyond the conference.
GSCE exhibitors are forward-thinking, engaging representatives from business, the non-profit sector and other groups. They bring the innovation of the marketplace and real-world experience to the green schools conversation. More information coming soon about how to become a GSCE exhibitor.
View past exhibitors
- Carton Council
- New Buildings Institute
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife
- American Federation of Teachers
- US EPA / Office of Children's Health Protection
- Shaw Contract
- Because Water
- Solar One
- Havelock Wool LLC
- Rainwater Management Solutions
- Your Mobile School App
- Dyson, Inc.
- EcoSafe Zero Waste
- Stephenson Custom Case Co.
- Tower Gardens by Juice Plus
- Beyond Green Sustainable Food Partners
- TerraCycle US, LLC
- American Technical Publishers
- CleanCore Technologies
- Center for Green Schools
- Green Schools National Network
- Prihoda North America
- DIRTT Environmental Solutions
- Superior Essex
- Price Industries
Products & services represented at past conferences
- Architecture/Building/Facility Design
- Associations & Public Organization
- Building and Construction Materials/Services
- Commercial Services/Products
- Consulting Services
- Education - Curriculum and Instruction
- Facilities Operations/Management
- Furniture and Equipment
- Government Agency/Organization
- Health and Wellness
- Healthy Foods
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Stewardship Service Learning Programs
As a sponsor, you'll be recognized prominently before, during and after the conference as a leading supporter.
Our sponsorship opportunities are designed to fit a variety of budgets and may be combined to meet the desired levels. More information coming soon about how to become a GSCE sponsor.
View past sponsors
GSCE thrives on the collaboration and partnership of supporting organizations nationwide.
View past partners